Friday, October 16, 2009

That was Awesome - Week 5: Rain Schmain

Photobucket

Sure, it rained all day and never really did stop at all. I feared the worst.

I shouldn't have worried.

We had 4 intrepid souls say screw the rain and make their way to us, and we had a great time. It was an international crowd - 1 from Holland, 1 from Russia, 1 with a very Greek name, and 1 from the Bronx. Which I believe is in central Asia.

It was a really, really good time. As promised, we did the silent exercise I'd planned, and wouldn't you know it, these awesome folks started working in awesome, seamless use of silence where appropriate throughout the next exercise we did too. It made a definite difference.

At a student's request, we also hit specificity nice and hard, playing one round of "I've got the Motts" and then transforming it in the next round into "Christmas Gift Exchange", which was an absolute blast. Just hysterical, which it wasn't even really intended to be. Learned something valuable on that one, I did.

We also got to try out the long-rumored, never-before-seen Pairs Intervals -- and they were great. A very different experience from solo Intervals - and it was observably enjoyed by all.

All in all, a fantastic week. And no one seemed put out in the least about the slight emergency time change, so I guess I was making too big a deal out of it. Sorry bout that.

Stuff we did included:
One Word Story
Word Smash (Thor-style)
Open Crossing
basic scenes:
-status
-relationship
I Got the Motts
Christmas Gift Exchange
Silence scenes
Whispered Secrets
Pairs Intervals

Notes I took included:
Time to shuck the oysters
great strategy in a pinch
very nice
beautiful pimpin
+ yay accept gifts
wonderful instincts <-> have an opinion
present it to him

Another awesome one. Can't wait for next week. Thanks to everyone who came out, you all did really good work.

See you soon, I hope!

Your pal,
Geoff

2 comments:

  1. thursdays drop-in rock! :-)


    how such an international team could get so challenged by playing the language of silence..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment!

    Thanks Gian- you rocked it, for sure.

    ReplyDelete