Friday, October 23, 2009

That Was Awesome: "100 points for naming her "Cabinet"


Kickass dudes - including two eager returners from last week, and one brought in by major glowing recommendations from one of the returners.

We had a really great time, I think. People had specific stuff in mind to work on, and I think we got to all of it, at least a little.

I'll say this: Three and Four-person classes may not be sustainable from a business point of view. But while they last, wow, I think they're great for the people involved. You get so much individual attention, and so many more times on stage than you do in your normal team rehearsal, or 18-person class.

And we're doing 3 hours, at that!

I really believe this class is worth perpetuating. If you think so too (or feel like it's something you want to check out sometime or other), I urge you to come out sooner rather than later. Big numbers now will help carry us through any lean weeks in the future.

The lean weeks are great, they truly are. But we need some bigger weeks to keep it worth the theater's while to keep us going.

Why did this get depressing? It's the weatheroutside today, I bet.

Last night was awesome. Everyone was game as hell, and we got to do the unprecedented combo of Solo Intervals followed by Pairs Intervals. All three guys loved it.

It's seriously such a huge joy for me to get to introduce the stuff I love in improv to people, and to see them see the beauty in so much of what we do.

Also, one guy had an iPhone, so we were able to check the Yankees scores during the break.

Thanks for another great week, you guys. I hope to see you (and all the rest of you!) and your friends in the next few weeks to come.

Wahoo!

Stuff we did included:

Word Smash
Crossing:
-Silent
-With asides
Turn Out
Silence
Emotion Chairs
Son of a bitch
This is Bullshit
Raw Intervals
Pairs Intervals


Notes I took included:

100 points for naming her "Cabinet"
Cabot?
Gender confusions
Fitler
W/ the fuckin Krinkles
I love the long ones b/c the change!
statements
single
"yesterday, today, and the day before"
Yay! not sefl-conscious [sic]


I find I'm taking less notes every week. Maybe that's me growing to trust my short-term memory more, as I get comfortable teaching. I don't think it's laziness...

See you soon!

Your pal,
Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment