Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tonight's the Night! Week Two!



Like I said yesterday, I'm really looking forward to tonight. We're gonna try a lot more stuff, including scenic and non-scenic work (i.e. more exercisey exercises) to get our flow flowing and our weight up on our toes.

I will go ahead and stay that at this early stage of the Pit's drop-in program, class size tends to be smaller than the regular Level 1-5 classes, which means a whole lot more reps for you per class than you'd usually ever get during a 3-hour class with 18 classmates. More than you'd usually get during a New York-standard 2-hour team rehearsal, for that matter. By a lot.

And it makes it a lot more doable for me to work what you want to work on into the class's content, and follow any threads that come up as we work.

Don't worry about getting tired - we take a break in the middle, and if we're really getting worn out we can slow down the physical exertion level, or take a second break, or, hell, split early.

But I don't plan on it.

Three hours is a fantastic amount of time. As far as I'm concerned, it should be the standard length for a rehearsal.

At the least I'm going to make it the standard length of my class.

I hope to see you there, this week or in the weeks to come. You won't regret it. It will be fun as balls.

Your pal,
Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment